Fire Kills 7 in Chongwe

By Robert Mwanza-Seven members of a family have been burnt to death in Chongwe’s Shisholeka village.

The fire was ignited by petrol that the family was keeping in the house.

The accident happened at Matibenga farm on Monday evening, claiming the lives of seven people while two, including the father are nursing burns.

One of the family members, Johaness Matibenga has told ZNBC’s Robert Mwanza that the fired was ignited after one of the family members was draining petrol from a Gen-set in the house into a container.

Mr. Matibenga says it is at that time that part of the petrol fell on the brazier and ignited the fire, killing five biological children, including one-year-seven-month-old twins and two dependents.

The five bodies are at Chongwe district Hospital mortuary while the father and his son who suffered some burns while trying to rescue the little ones are admitted to the University teaching hospital.

And Chongwe Member of Parliament Japhen Mwakalombe has described the incident as tragic.

Speaking when he visited the funeral house in his constituency today, Mr. Mwakalombe also appealed to the residents not to keep flammable substances in their homes.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com