The 6th Zambia International Mining & Energy Conference 2016 (ZIMEC 2016) will take place at the New Government Complex Conference Centre, Lusaka in Zambia from 23rd – 24th June 2016. The 6th edition of Zambia’s strategic forum & expo is organised by the UK-based AME Trade Ltd in association with ZPTE.
Running under the theme of “Mining & Energy on the Growth Path to Support and Grow the Zambian Economy” once again ZIMEC 2016 is expected to attract extensive industry and public sector participation. ZIMEC 2016 will continue to provide a unique platform for all stake holders both local and international private and public sector participants to face & discuss the challenges of falling commodity prices, changing regulatory environment, investment opportunities in the energy sector and finding sustainable ways to manage operational costs for existing & future mining projects.
ZIMEC has been consistently organised with the institutional support of key mining and energy stake holders in Zambia making it truly reflective of the country and its needs aspirations and achievements, the 2015 edition attracted over 500 attendees, 40 speakers and 50 exhibitors from over 14 countries, ZIMEC is annual forum where participants meet, explore new ideas, learn from experts and gain insightful knowledge in an exclusive but interconnected sectors of Power & Mining.
ZIMEC 2016 will also benefit from a co-location with ZAMBIA BUILD, 2nd edition of Zambia International Building Construction and Interiors Exhibition. This will result in more visitors for both events, and allow companies involved in both mining and building industries, to effectively target two different sectors at one event, therefore saving valuable time and budget.
Topics covered at ZIMEC 2016 will include:
· Zambia’s Fiscal & economic development plans
· Recovering the copper price – Long Term Outlook
· Insights on the risk & reward on Zambia’s Mining & Energy investment from the
Tackling the Power Supply gap
· Pipeline of Power Generation projects; Perspectives & Insights
· Clean & Green: Plans to increase solar Power Capacity
· Development plans & Perspectives from Zambia’s leading IPP
· Funding for renewable energy projects
Mining: Keep calm & Carry on
· Maintaining production levels and investment levels
· A new paradigm for Copper Producers – Rising Costs and Reduced Profit Margins
· Gemstones: updates on Kagem flagship mine
· Zambia’s EITI efforts
· Addressing The Power Demand Need: Perspectives from the USA “Power Africa Initiave”
· IPP play, Investment Incentives, PPA and Guarantees
· Emergency Power Procurement
Powering the mine
· Case Studies from other regions
· Doing More with less: Increasing Efficiency and Productivity Charting the way forward
· Achieving Energy Security in Zambia
· Global case study from copper producing countries
Zimec 2016 Power Crunch debate